Still nursing a cold, and after a long day of crafting and doggie playing, I wanted something warm, quick, and easy for dinner. And I stumbled upon this.
I love Black Bean Soup! I love it! It is so flavorful and healthy and light but filling. And gluten free. Hey girl.
So off I went to the store, bought two cans of black beans, trusted in Jesus I had some salsa at home (which I did!), and knew I had some cumin. I didn’t have stock, so I boiled up two cups of water and threw in some chicken bouillon cubes (check labels to make sure what you are using is GF), followed the directions, and before I knew it, I had the easiest, tastiest, simplest soup ever.
I also baked up some tortilla chips. This is one of my favorite things to do. I keep gluten free corn tortillas on hand at all time. These got a little extra-toasty because I was on the phone chatting and forgot about them. Standard Natalie-ism.
Super Easy Homemade Tortilla Chips:
Corn Tortillas (up to you how many)
Cooking spray or olive oil
Salt and desired seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut the desired number of tortillas into triangles of the desired size (this portion is two tortillas cut into 8 triangles)
- Spread foil (optional to save clean up time) across a cookie sheet.
- Place tortillas on sheet in a single layer.
- Spray with cooking spray (or toss with olive oil, but this is just easier).
- Sprinkle with salt and chili powder, or the desired seasoning. I like them spicy so I use chili powder. Garlic powder is also good!
- Bake until lightly browned. You can flip them halfway through if you’re not lazy. I rarely do that.
So by the end of dinner, we were whooped and it was bedtime.
Today will be a work day… a little working from home, a little office time, some meetings, teaching a voice lesson and then teaching a class… all with half a voice! Boo! At least it’s warming up here in Central Illinois.
Here’s wishing you a happy, happy Monday!